these words are part of the beautiful song “Hey brother” by Avicii you can listen to playing the video below.
Do you know this feeling of deep love an care for the world? The feeling that you want to change something for the better, to make this world become a better place?
I mean sure, many of us are leading quite a good life nowadays but there is still starvation, disease and poverty around. There is also what I would like to call the “intellectual starvation”, the “over-consumption” disease and the “can’t pay my debt rates anymore” poverty in what we think of civilized society. So we can already think about a lot of things to do next door instead of hoping that it never happens to us or that we never become this way. We need to make a change my friends!
I am wondering what are the things I really need in my life. I will try to write down a list here beginning with the material things as they might come easier into my mind:
- My notebook and smart phone (and the WWW) to work on my research, to collaborate and to communicate with my friends
- A house and a bed are very nice things though other things might do depending on the climate
- Clothes look good and might make me feel more comfortable but might not be necessary depending on the climate either
- I am really a fan of my cosmetics and toothbrush and think most of them help me to lead a better life
If I was not a singer, I surely would need some music instruments
- Something to eat is necessary of course.
- Because of the way we live, I need some money to satisfy my needs
- Without friends, family and love, the world would be a much darker place
- I need to sing because I love it (quite true for my other spare time activities)
- Okay, let’s definitely add music and arts to this list!
I could have missed something here but I think you might already grasp my point by this rather short list compared to the amount of things one might possess. I already think that I own quite a lot of things I hardly need and might change this fact. But I guess thinking carefully about really needing it before buying something (a proactive strategy) is needed much more. I will keep that in mind!
I hope you will find your way to make our world become a better place. What do you think of? What do you do to make a change?
May peace surround you and be happiness your friend,
P.S.: As I never experienced war, peace is quite natural to me but I guess I should add it to my list. Peace!